To ensure that you feel comfortable and safe whilst enjoying your visit, we’ve made a few simple changes in line with Scottish Government guidelines. You can read about these changes below.
We also have VisitScotland’s Good to Go! tick and AA Covid-19 Confident accreditation, both of which show tourism businesses which are working hard to adhere to government and public health guidance and have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment to check they have everything in place to reopen safely.
At our Museum on Irvine Harbourside, we are also using Ayrshire Chamber of Commerce’s Check & Trace service enabling visitors to check in and out anonymously using their smartphone #ProtectAyrshire
- To ensure physical distancing and to reduce visitors waiting time for entry please book in advance using our easy times session booking system here
- Currently we ask for your party to be no more than six persons from one household or support bubble. Larger groups can be split and invited to follow on at a 2m distance
- When paying for anything at the Museum, we ask where possible please pay by card
- To enjoy your visit safely, we ask you to please follow the one way systems at both museums and keep 2m distance from others
- A face covering must be worn with the exception of children under the age of five and those with certain medical conditions’ where an exemption applies
- At our vast Linthouse in Irvine, whilst we cannot welcome you into the 1920’s Shipyard Worker’s Flat or aboard MV Kyles again just yet, we’ve created digital tours so you don’t miss these two Museum favorites!
- In Dumbarton, instead of staff led tours, you’ll get all the information you need for a relaxing and fascinating self-led visit
- Our Irvine café and both shops will reopen too, redesigned for physical distancing whilst offering the same delicious food and great gifts
- Visitors will also find hand sanitising stations around each museum and we’ve increased our cleaning regime across all buildings
- As ever, visitor teams will be on hand to answer any questions you have
- Of course, please do not visit the Museum if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of Coronavirus.
- To save time when you arrive sign up for the Protect Ayrshire Check & Trace here