To ensure that you feel comfortable and safe whilst enjoying your visit, we’ve made a few simple changes in line with Scottish Government guidelines:
- To ensure physical distancing and to reduce visitors waiting time for entry please book in advance using our easy times session booking system here
- A face covering must be worn by all except where an exemption applies (as defined in the legislation), or where there is a ‘reasonable excuse’ not to wear a face covering.
- To enjoy your visit safely, we ask you to please follow one way systems at both museums and keep two metres distance from others
- At our vast Linthouse in Irvine, whilst we cannot welcome you into the 1920’s Shipyard Worker’s Flat or aboard MV Kyles again just yet, we’ve created digital tours so you don’t miss these two Museum favorites!
- In Dumbarton, instead of staff led tours, you’ll get all the information you need for a relaxing and fascinating self-led visit
- Our Irvine cafe and both shops will reopen too, redesigned for physical distancing whilst offering the same delicious food and great gifts
- Visitors will also find hand sanitising stations around each museum and we’ve increased our cleaning regime across all buildings
- As ever, visitor teams will be on hand to answer any questions you have
- Of course, please do not visit the Museum if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of Coronavirus.