The Scottish Maritime Museum in Irvine is pleased to be hosting the first Pedal Scotland 2022 Event
Pedal for Scotland events are free to enter, inclusive and non-competitive.
These events help make cycling accessible to more people across Scotland, with a particular focus on families and people new to cycling by providing a safe and fun environment.
This year a series of events will be taking place across Scotland, with this the first in Irvine on Sunday 8 May.
Registration is now open HERE
About this event
Pedal Irvine is a safe and fun cycling event :
– Length: Just over 6 miles
– Start and finish location: Scottish Maritime Museum
– Route: You’ll ride a loop of the Beach Park and National Cycling Network 7 to Gailes Road junction, then cycle back on Maritime Drive (with views over to the Isle of Arran)
– Course gradient: Pretty flat
– Safety: Very safe – it’s on closed roads and off-road paths
– How long will it take: between 60 and 90 minutes
– Registration: 9.30am
– Event start: 10.00am
It’s free to enter so you just need your bike, helmet and your sense of fun. Join us!
If you don’t have a bike, there will be a limited number of bikes that can be borrowed for free to take part in the ride. To arrange bike hire please contact Irvine Cycles.
Pedal Irvine is organised by North Ayrshire Council and is supported by the Active Schools Team, TACT Ayrshire Community Trust, Home Energy Scotland, KA Leisure, Velo Club Vittesse and Police Scotland Youth Volunteers (Ayrshire).