Recommended for a good fun & informative day out. Suitable for individuals, couples, groups and families (6yrs up recommended)
Starting in the Linthouse Building of the Scottish Maritime Museums, Irvine.
Meet at 2 pm – Tour commences at 2.15 am
The tour lasts 2 hours and you have full access to the Maritime Museum before and after, all included in your ticket price.
This tour includes –
- Scottish Maritime Museum vast display of maritime exhibits, so arrive early to view the exhibitions.
- An introduction to Betsy Miller, first registered female ships captain who hailed from Saltcoats.
- A short walk to the ship workers tenement rooms and a look into the lifestyle of a 1920’s family hosted by Maggie MacIntosh
- An opportunity to sample Scottish infused rum at the Harbour Lights Inn (18’s & over, only) Non alcoholic ginger wine will be available for young seafarers and designated drivers.
- Free time to spend exploring the Harbourside, Irvine, beach park, pubs, restaurants, cafes & coffee houses. Also a chance to look at current exhibitions in the Harbour Arts Centre and watch the artists in action at the studios.
- You may return to the Scottish Maritime Museum at any time during the day with your visitors ticket, until closing.
Ticket price £20 per adult and £12 per child.
Tickets are available HERE
Access is good and all on one level. Wheelchair users can easily be accommodated with prior notice.
A short walk is necessary as part of this tour.
The weather can be changeable at the harbouside. Please ensure you have appropriate clothing for cold & possibly wet weather.