Figurehead of SS “Claymore”
A figurehead of a Highland warrior carrying a claymore belonged to the SS “Claymore” ship. The vessel was built in 1881 by J. and G. Thomson at Clydebank for the West Highland services of David MacBrayne.
She was withdrawn in 1931, and the figurehead ended up in a garden of a private collector in Forfar. It was acquired in 1981 by the Scottish Fisheries Museum who restored it and passed it on to the Scottish Maritime Museum.